C.N.A. – In Patient Care
- Location: Greenville Hospital
- Employment Duration: Full-Time
- Shift: Nights
- Job Code: 167
- # of Positions: 1
Cares for patients in hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility, under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
- Functions within all policies, procedures, rules and regulations applicable to the organization.
- Answers patients calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attends 75% of unit staff meetings annually.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses patients. Provides hair, oral and good skin care.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help. Records patients appetite.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Transports patients upon discharge.
- Drapes patients for examinations and treatments, and remains with patients to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions patients vulnerable to skin and musculoskeletal impairment, either alone or with assistance.
- Changes bed linens, provide hygiene supplies and fresh drinking water as needed for patients.
- Runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum samples, labeled with appropriate patient identification and date and time of collection, and delivers to the laboratory under nurse direction.
- Takes and records vital signs, pulse oximetry, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Completes required education programs.
- Participates in unit Quality Improvement activities.