- Location: Greenville Hospital
- Employment Duration: Full-Time
- Shift: Days
- Job Code: 168
- # of Positions: 1
Complete billing process of all individual patient accounts for physician practices. Payments, actual insurance claim submission, account follow-up for payment, collection of self pay receivables, and referrals to bad debt.
Requirements for this position include:
- Strong communication skills are required with one (1) year experience working with physicians and/or patients on an ongoing basis or its equivalency.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in physician billing and collection routines, insurance claims processing, and data entry.
- Minimum of one (1) year of telephone collection experience.
- Understanding of CPT, ICD 9 coding, and medical terminology preferred.
- Understanding of insurance forms UB92, HCFA 1500 and Medicaid forms.
- Knowledge of Rural Health billing guidelines preferred.
- Understand and interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOBs).
- High school diploma or its equivalency required.
- Capable of typing 30-40 wpm preferred.
- Limited physical requirements, primarily sedentary. Will occasionally have to lift small boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.